I brought these over to a friend’s house for dinner last weekend. We ate most of them that night, but I said that she could keep the leftovers.
“Great. This will be breakfast,” she said.
“Um yeah, they’re pretty much oatmeal,” I said.
Have a picnic or potluck coming up? Do your kids like snacks? Do you? Do you have a pulse? Then you’ll like these. They freeze well, too.
- 1 and 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 and 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 10 ounces dark chocolate chips
- 1. In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, mix butter, brown sugar, white sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- 3. Combine dry and wet ingredients evenly, then add rolled oats.
- 4. Spread batter evenly in non-stick (or lined with parchment paper) 9x13-inch pan. Bake at 350º F for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- 5. Remove from oven, top evenly with dark chocolate chips. Return to oven for one minutes, then remove and spread melted chocolate evenly. All chocolate to harden, then chop into individual bars.