Hear me out: I know that these ingredients don’t usually mingle in the same dish, but when they do, magic happens. Make this recipe, then put it in your mouth and feel your taste buds dance across your tongue giving thanks. It works as an appetizer, a side salad, or an entrée, and, so long as it’s prepared the same day, can also be made in bulk for the next picnic or family potluck.
- 2 cups watermelon, whole or cubed
- 1 stalk asparagus OR that amount of cucumber, shaved
- 2 leaves fresh basil, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon blue cheese crumbles
- 1 slice bacon, chopped finely
- 1-2 dashes chili oil, or to taste
- Assemble ingredients and enjoy immediately.