Spring happens this week (hallelujah); let’s usher the season in with happy things. These cookies to start. Next: warm, bright weather (yes, please?).
The other week I was lucky to be a fly on the wall during the design agency Creature’s end-of-the-week team meeting, which was complete with champagne flutes and miniature cookies. Of the varieties, these peanut butter and M&M’S® ones caught my attention.
Colorful M&M’S® in a cookie bring back the kid in me. They’re like the doughnuts with pink icing and sprinkles at Bauhaus; those are the ones that you want, but the adult in you feels like you should order something more sophisticated, less colorful. Forget that. Get the doughnut with pink icing and sprinkles. Get the cookie with M&M’S®.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup organic, 100-percent peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 10 ounces M&M’S®
- 1. In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream together brown sugar, white sugar, butter, eggs, peanut butter, and vanilla extract, until well blended.
- 3. Add dry ingredients, and mix until evenly combined. Add M&M’S® and mix evenly.
- 4. Drop small (about 1”) scoops of cookie dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, about 1 and 1/2 inches apart.
- 5. Bake at 300º F for 18-22 minutes, until golden.