by Nicole Lisson
- The Capitol Hill Times -
You’re probably wondering why I’m giving you a recipe for an ice-cold smoothie when it is 35 degrees outside. Hear me out: This one has chocolate, peanut butter and berries. Plus 25 grams of protein. Plus, it taste like a chocolate blizzard from Dairy Queen. That’s worth snuggling up by a fire or heater to have. Right? Right.
Kids (or you, for that matter) would never guess that it has nutrient-rich leafy greens; the secret is frozen banana, which makes the smoothie as creamy as ice cream.
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup kale or spinach
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons coca powder
- 1/2 tablespoon chocolate protein powder
- 1/2 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1/4 cup frozen berries
- 1 cup almond/soy/regular milk
- Using a blender, add all ingredients, then blend until smooth (about 1 minute).