Capitol Hill, this morning we received this word of upcoming lane closures due to the University Link Extension:
Lane closures on Broadway start Monday January 13
Beginning Monday, January 13, 2014 construction will begin on the underground pedestrian concourse that will connect the Capitol Hill Link Light Rail Station to the west side of Broadway.
To build the concourse, Sound Transit’s contractors must excavate portions of the road and sidewalks on Broadway between E Howell Street and E Denny Way.
This work will take place in two stages:
- Stage 1 (January to July 2014): Construction crews will close the west side of Broadway, just south of E Denny Way, to build the concourse in an open trench.
- Stage 2 (July to December 2014): Crews will close the east side of Broadway, just south of E Denny Way, to complete the concourse.
Crews will maintain one lane of traffic in each direction on Broadway. Flaggers and signs will direct traffic.
What to expect during construction
- Lane reductions will remain in place 24/7 during this work.
- Intermittent daytime noise while crews use saws and jackhammers to break up concrete and install soldier piles to support the excavation.
- Sidewalk closures and street parking restrictions at the construction site.
- The bus stop on the west side of Broadway between E Howell Street and E Denny Way will be closed from January through July 2014. The closest bus stop is located one block south, directly in front of Seattle Central Community College.
- Access to homes and businesses will be maintained.
Major construction can be disruptive to communities. If you have any construction related questions or concerns, please call Sound Transit’s Central Corridor line at (206) 398-5300 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For after business hour construction issues please use our 24-hour construction hotline at 888-298-2395.