by Nicole Lisson
- The Capitol Hill Times -
Our humble Seahawks are off to the Super Bowl! Yeehaw, it’s time to plan game-day snacks. While I like nachos, Buffalo wings and other equally-unhealthy foods, I don’t like how disgusting I feel the morning after. Enter: hummus.
Hummus is a powerhouse of goodness, with protein from the chickpeas, and tons of Omega-3 fatty acids.
While you can buy it in the stores, hummus taste better from your own kitchen (like most foods). And all you need is a food processor and five minutes.
- 3/4 cup roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas (drain liquid, and rinse well)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt to taste
- 1. In a food processor’s bowl, combine tahini and lemon juice. Process for 1 minute. 2. Scrape sides of bowl, then add garlic, olive oil, smoked paprika, ground cumin, and half of chickpeas. Process for 1 minute. 3. Add remaining chickpeas and process for 1 to 2 minutes, then add roasted red peppers. Process for 1 minute, then serve.